Vertical Farming… the only way is up?
We talk to CEO Craig Ratajczyk of CROP ONE, USA, a vertical farming company who are embracing cutting edge technology.
Craig’s straight-talking analysis of this emerging industry is infectious as he takes us on a whistlestop tour of where he thinks vertical farming is heading.
- The roots of Vertical Farming
- Market share of VF
- Craig’s transition from national security to food security.
- How VF space fits into future food production
- The benefits of VF, the Nine R’s
- VF scaling up, and the technology that allows this
- LED lighting and optimum production
- The importance of R and D
- The price of strawberries – and shelf life
- The economics of VF
- The new world of cultivars
- VF – a local solution
- VF – carbon neutral with renewables
- How has the landscape changed in the last 18 months
- The Vertical Farming business model
- VF and the economic viability in the Middle East
- Vertical Farming and power supply
- The type of leadership that drives this rising industry
- The time is right for VF?